06 July 2005

L'amour des jeux

I was in Paris earlier this summer, and the city was buzzing with the expectation it would be selected to host the 2012 Olympic Games. They spent millions on a campaign to enthuse their countrymen and prove their worthiness. You could not look anywhere without seeing some trace of the campaign.

Paris really needed this. They were favored to win and few in the city, including me, expected they would be eating crow today. They lost out to rival London, despite (or because of?) the fact they sent Celine Dion and others to represent them ahead of the decision in Singapore. London sent David Beckham to represent their campaign. I rest my case.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger MonsieurCAVALIER said...

Why stop there? How about 40 Days in Las Vegas, 40 Days in Miami, 40 Days in Hollywood? (I'm not sure anyone could survive 40 Days in Vegas, though!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home